Here are the reviews of which we are aware, along with the summary. If we have missed any, please let us know on the MX Forum.
- antiX Linux Doesn't Fool Around. Jack M. Germain in Linux Insider reviews MX 14.4 on June 15, 2015. "The antiX Linux distro is an outstanding operating system that performs flawlessly. It lacks the special effects of desktops such as Cinnamon, KDE and Unity, but older computers tend to be unable to run them properly. Linux offers numerous distro choices for legacy computers. antiX Linux, especially the latest release of special edition MX-14, should be at the top of your must-try list."
- Linux Help Guy. Video review of MX 14.4 on April 16, 2015. "The two key features are rock-solid stability and friendly familiar useability. I absoloutely 100% cannot fault this distribution. When something is this good, ladies and gentlemen, do not pass it up!"
- AntiX MX-14.3 review . Dedoimedo in his blog, January 16, 2015. "I believe the idea of any and every product is to excel at what it does, and so, to beat competition, Antix MX-14.3 must play its strong cards, performance and MX applications, against their strong cards. For instance, being able to customize the desktop is a basic necessity. You can't be having bogus messages about browser plugins, now can you. And so we go back to the missing stuff. Indeed, this distro is not yet good enough to fight against the likes of Xubuntu and friends, but then, in the Xfce world, it's very difficult nailing down the formula. Even Xubuntu sucked for a long time before it flourished. The truth is, it won't take much for Antix to fill its gaps, but it will take a mindset change. Anyhow, this latest version gets 6.5/10. An improvement, but there's more to be done."
- Best Xfce distro of 2014. Dedoimedo in Netrunner MAG, December 13, 2014. "It hasn’t really rang my bell, but it’s an interesting contestant, because it represents the whole side of the Linux community that normally escapes the headlines and fanboy storms. Debian based, with Mepis elements fused in. As such, it’s an example of a project with a noble mission and ignoble results. The composition just does not gel, despite some brilliant bits and pieces. Overall, Antix is not a distro that you can easily sell to new users and fresh Windows converts, but it could be a useful alternative to those with middling or high Linux skills, who take personal interest and pride in tweaking their boxes, and damn be the press releases. However, the effort alone deserves mention, and we can hope the full potential of what Antix can be is going to be unleashed unto the masses one day."
- antiX/MEPIS MX-14.3 Symbiosis: Neue Version der schnellen Distribution. Christian Kopp in Adopters - Technik und Politik, December 3, 2014. Highlights translated from the German: "MX Linux...is a special GNU/Linux distribution with Xfce as Desktop Environment, which appears to be perfect not only for systems with older hardware but also for Notebooks and computers with small screens. Moreover MX-14 (Codename 'Symbiosis') runs absolutely stable, needs little memory and is as a whole quite easy to use."
- Antix MX-14: Schlanke und effiziente Linux Live-CD-Distribution. David Wolski in PC-Welt.de, August 11, 2014. Highlights translated from the German: "The beginning of the new series MX-14 was plagued by some annoying bugs, and the point version [14.2] in June 2014 is an important update that irons out many errors such as the missing automount of inserted USB sticks. AntiX remains true to its motivation of furnishing a good-looking Debian system for older PCs."
- DasGregor. Video review of MX-14.2 in "First Impressions" series. August 9, 2014. "Fits on a CD yet has all the good features and abilities that an OS needs to have. Can scale up from older hardware to newer systems through the handy MX Package Installer. I like the way MX-14 has taken antiX and MEPIS and put them together using Xfce. Go with this if you are looking for something that you need flexibility with and you can configure easily--and this is based on Debian Stable."
- Linux Help Guy. Video review of MX-14.1. July 10, 2014. "I have to be honest, I am very very impressed with this distribution. It works outstandingly well...MX-14 will blow you out of the water. Who would run this distro? With the help of the video tutorials, I have to say: just about anybody. You cannot go wrong. Download it and take a look: you will not fail to be impressed."
- antiX MX-14 „Symbiosis“: Perfekt für ältere Hardware. June 6, 2014. Highlights translated from the German: "Perfect for older hardware, but runs perfectly on current hardware as well. Can easily be made to look like the standard Xfce, and most will like to have the panel in its usual place on the bottom. Theme can hardly be called modern and fresh, but easy to change. Boot process is quick, installation very easy, and resource usage very low. Good implementation of software and tools, with others easily installble. Individual software choices may be easily changed using the available repos through Synaptic. Absolutely stable and without bugs that I could find."
- Sidekick. May 19, 2014. "This is Debian Stable with up-to-date applications from the Mepis repository. And remember what I wrote before about choosing distros? One of the things to consider is the repositories. Choose a distro and you’re also choosing it’s repositories. Y’wanna talk about huge, vast, ginormous, mondo-mucho gargantuan repos? Debian has the biggest and richest repositories in the entire universe! And installing software in MX is easy with the Synaptic Package Manager. I always used Synaptic anyway rather than that slow, bloated Software Center, so again, this has been an easy transition from Xubuntu so far. And when I need support, Mepis has forums where lots of wonderful people make themselves available to technophobes like me. On my first day they helped me solve two minor problems (one just by browsing the topics and reading, and the other in reply to my screenshooter issue). I’m a happy li’l sidekick today. My technophobia has not stopped me from trying out yet another Linux distro, and this one looks like it could well take Xubuntu’s place in my heart, becoming the distro I would always “run home to.”"
- Dedoimedo. April 14, 2014. "As you may have noticed, I did not bother with making the distro pretty. Simply because I didn't feel like it was worth the effort. While I am normally enthused about adding new themes and icons, making Xfce rock, this time, it would have been pointless. Overall, antiX MX-14 Symbiosis did not really impress me. It's not that it's a bad package, but it sure is not designed for most people in mind. Maybe just the dev team really. It's not very pretty, the installer is wonky, and the post-install experience is simply bland. Not exciting in any way. It's like, okay, whatever. You have your defaults, some programs, a mediocre QA, so take or leave it. For me, there are many superior Xfce alternatives, based on Debian or otherwise. This time, 5/10."
- Linuxed. April 10, 2014. "I rate MX-14 as one of the most functional XFCE 4 distros I have used. It is fast, stable and efficient. I got very good battery life with MX-14 - about 4 hours of continuous surfing, consumption of media and office work. It is about 20% higher than what I got in GNOME/KDE distros. However, MX-14 is not without it's share of vices - the desktop theme looks good but the windows manager theme looks antiquated. Menu is placed at the bottom of the left panel and is difficult to browse. But, all these can be easily corrected and are not that serious flaws. In overall, I am very impressed with MX-14 and is using it right now as my main operating system. antiX has surely come up with a gem which is truly special. I recommend it to all Linux enthusiasts to try it out - just like me you may fall in love with it!"